Have you thought of getting creative? Start by learning how to draw a dog bowl. Surely, it is not that difficult! This article will teach you the easy steps of drawing a dog bowl for your furry friends. Not only that, but you will also get to hone and practice your drawing skills. Who knows, You might go beyond drawing dog bowls to drawing dogs!
Of course, any artist will say that the first step in learning how to draw a dog bowl is to prepare your drawing materials. It can range from your different-shaded pencils, colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, charcoal, and watercolor. Another very important material is your sketchpad, where you can draw the dog bowl that you want.
Drawing the Dog Bowl
Once you have readied your materials, you can finally start drawing the dog bowl. Again, it does not always have to be perfect at the start, but a few practices, and you will surely master how to draw a dog bowl!
Choose Your Model Bowl
If you are not familiar with a dog bowl, you can choose a model to follow for your drawing. You can look for dog bowls in pet stores or even on the internet! You can draw a bone-shaped dog bowl, a steak-shaped dog bowl, or even a regular round and stainless-steel dog bowl. Either way, you can get creative with what shape of dog bowl you want to draw.
Once you have your model dog bowl, it is time to start drawing away! Here are a few of the general steps on how to draw a dog bowl—the regular round one:
- Using your light-shade pencil, draw a horizontal oval. The size of the oval depends on you.
- At each end of the oval, draw a diagonal line. The left end should have a diagonal line going to the left, while the right end should have a diagonal line going to the right.
- Enclose your dog bowl by connecting the bottom end of the diagonal lines with a curved line. You now have your initial dog bowl!
- Next is the put on some patterns or designs! You can choose to draw a dog paw at the center of the dog bowl. You can also put in a bone at the center. You can even add polka dots or heart shapes. Whatever hits your fancy.
- You can even choose to add details like dog food or pellets inside the oval.
You now have a detailed and more definite dog bowl! What’s left is for you to color it in with vibrant colors! You can use crayons, colored pencils, oil pastels, and even watercolor. Again, it all depends on you what coloring material you will use to finish your dog bowl.
Polish for Framing
Once you are done with your artwork, you can choose to frame it and hang it in your kitchen or any corner of your house!
Besides having it framed and hung, you can also choose to have it laminated and turn it into an actual placemat for your dog’s bowl. It is one of the creative ways you can use your artwork for your pets. Such a resourceful piece of art, don’t you agree?
Now you know how to draw a dog bowl. All that is left is for you to apply what you have learned to draw a dog bowl easily and effortlessly. Remember, there are other designs that you can use. Do not hesitate to go crazy and creative with your dog bowl drawings. After all, what you are doing is art! Know more about dog bowls.