Any dog owner knows the feeling of suddenly getting dragged forward. Yes, even small dogs can yank you forward if they have enough momentum! This is why you need to know hot to put on a dog harness Easy Walk.
Dog harnesses are a popular choice for dog owners with large, powerful, or rowdy dogs. Harnesses allow owners to easily take control of their dogs in public as well as help calm down the dog if needed. They offer more security compared to a collar and they won’t accidentally choke your dog if they pull on the harness too strongly.
While there are virtually countless dog harness brands out there, one of the most popular ones is the Easy Walk Dog Harness.
What is the Easy Walk Dog Harness?
If you’re one of the millions of dog owners who have experienced being dragged behind their dogs during walks, then the Easy Walk Dog Harness is the dog accessory for you.
The Easy Walk Dog Harness by Pet Safe is a unique harness because it was designed specifically to stop light to moderate dog pulling by stubborn pets and place the control back in the owner’s hands! Designed by a veterinary behaviorist over 15 years ago, the Easy Walk harness is recommended by both vets and dog training professionals for any dog owner who wants to make their daily walks with their dogs more enjoyable and comfortable.
The Easy Walk Dog Harness has several unique features that make it an excellent harness for your dog:
- The patented front clip d-ring with martingale loop – this design prevents leash pulling and helps you control your dog more easily. Unlike conventional harnesses that have the loop on the back, this unique placement means that you’ll be able to steer your dog’s movement more easily. The placement also prevents twisting and the leash tangling around your dog’s body.
- Quick-snap shoulder and belly straps – these straps allows you to quickly and easily put on and remove the harness on your dog.
- Wide range of sizes – since the Easy Walk Dog Harness was designed by a vet, the design considered the wide range of dog shapes and sizes. You’ll be able to find a size appropriate for dog more easily compared to other existing brands!
- 1-year warranty – if your dog chews on the Easy Walk harness, the company will replace your product for a minimal fee.
- Perfect Fit Guarantee – the company ensures that you will be able to find a harness size that’s compatible for your dog no matter their breed, age, or size.
How to Put on the Easy Walk Dog Harness
Here’s how to put the Easy Walk Harness on in two stages.
First, you need to adjust the shoulder strap.
- Place the shoulder strap over your dog’s head and adjust the rings above and behind their shoulder.
- Close the belly strap, adjusting it so that it fits snugly against your dog’s body.
- Align the harness so that the straps are not cutting your dog’s armpits and that the center O-ring is in the middle of your dog’s chest.
- Insert to fingers between the harness and the skin of your dog to ensure that the harness is not too tight.
After you have adjusted and connected the shoulder strap, the next thing you need to adjust is the chest strap:
- The chest strap should fit horizontally across your dog’s chest. It should be approximately in the middle. If it is too close to the neck or legs, tighten the strap.
- Make sure that the adjustors on the sides of the harness are tightened evenly and equally so that the weight of the dog is properly balanced across the harness.
- If the harness has been placed properly, the side view of the harness should resemble a letter “T”.
- Clip the leash on the martingale loop on the chest.
After this quick and simple Easy Walk harness application, you are ready to walk with your dog!
The Benefits of Using an Easy Walk Dog Harness
Here are some of the benefits that you and your dog can enjoy with the Easy Walk Dog Harness:
- It’s easy to put on your dog
- The quick snaps allow you to place or remove the Easy Walk Dog Harness on your pet in minutes!
- It’s easy to adjust
- The buckles of the Easy Walk Dog Harness slides effortlessly so that you can adjust the tightness of the harness in seconds.
- It comes in a wide range of size
- The Easy Walk Dog Harness was designed with virtually every dog size category in mind! Whether you need a harness for a tiny teacup Yorkie or for a huge Neopolitan mastiff, you can find the size that you need.
- It has size increments
- The design of the harness comes with buckles that allows you to adjust the fit exactly. Unlike other dog harnesses that has restricted sizes, you can adjust the Easy Walk Dog Harness to snugly fit your dog’s specific proportions.
What if My Dog doesn’t Like Wearing a Harness?
There are times when getting your dog to wear a harness is difficult especially if you have older dogs who are not used to walking in a harness. If your dog is wary of wearing the harness on walks, you need to take your time and get them used to the idea. One of the best ways to help them adjust to the harness is by having them wear it around the house. Your home is a safe environment, so they won’t mind wearing the harness as much. Once they have gotten used to the weight and feel of the harness, you can start taking them on short walks in enclosed areas such as your yard. Make sure that you give them a lot of treats and encouragement so that they can associate the harness with positive reinforcement.
Over time, the Easy Walk harness put on process should become quicker and easier. Your dog should start being more comfortable wearing the Easy Walk harness and you can start talking them out as you would normally.
If you’re looking for the best harness for your dog, the Easy Walk Dog Harness is a top choice. Every answer you have, from how to put a dog harness Easy Walk to whether they have a warranty on the product, is answered on their website. This is a harness that’s designed with both the safety of the dog and the comfort of the dog owner in mind! After you learn how to put an Easy Walk Harness on your dog, you and your dog will enjoy your walks even more than you do now. Find out more about dog accessories.